IMT Ghaziabad has opened its PGDM admission 2020 application process on August 23, and the last date to apply is November 22, 2019. The application process for IMT Ghaziabad admission is online. There common application form offers the opportunity to apply for all the campuses of IMT – Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad and Dubai.. IMT Ghaziabad- MBA & PGDM 2020 - Apply Now
IMT Ghaziabad is one of the premier B schools in the country and has been awarded the prestigious AACSB accreditation. It has been consistently ranked among top 10 B-schools by various credible ranking agencies like Business Today, Business World, CRISIL and has extensive and exclusive industry partnerships in the B school arena.
The Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad offers PGDM Full Time, PGDM Marketing, PGDM Finance, and PGDM-Banking, Insurance and Financial Services (PGDM-BIFS). IMT has also added new courses in its curriculum with effect from the last batch.
IMT Ghaziabad Admission Criteria describe in detail the admission eligibility, admission process, weightage to entrance exam scores like CAT 2019 and XAT 2020, weightage to academics and work experience, final selection process with the weightage to different components and clarify on Do’s & Don’ts on admission process.
The two-year Post-graduate Programme Diploma in Management (PGDM) at IMT Ghaziabad is a full-time residential course for graduates from all disciplines wishing to choose a career in management.
Adhering to the core values of ‘Developing leadership through Innovation, Execution and Social Responsibility’, IMT’s selection procedure focuses on selecting the “IMT Fit” candidates via rigorous selection process. This year, applicants may submit any one of test scores: CAT-2019 OR XAT-2020 OR GMAT (1st January 2016 – February 28, 2020) OR CMAT 2020 (For Nagpur & Hyderabad only) score. Applicants can submit more than one test score. Applicants will be short-listed for Written Assessment Test (WAT) & Personal Interview process on the basis of one of the test scores available. Applicants will be called for Written Assessment Test (WAT) & Personal Interview process only once. The Admission process will be common for all IMT campuses.
How to Apply for IMT Ghaziabad Admission?
The admission process for PGDM 2020 remains same as that of last year as under. To explore admission opportunity in IMT Ghaziabad, the candidates need to apply for admission by using and filling up the common application form for all the four campuses of IMT Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad and Dubai before November 22, 2019. Candidates can apply for admission to the PGDM/MBA programmes at all the campuses of Institute of Management Technology (IMT). IMT Admission 2019 Open – Apply Now
The Application fee is Rs.2000/- which can be paid online or though demand draft. In addition, the applicant has to apply and appear in either CAT 2019 or in XAT 2020. Besides, the candidates who have taken GMAT between January 1, 2016 and February 28, 2020 can also apply for IMT Admission 2020. Except IMT Ghaziabad, IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad will also accept CMAT 2020 score for admission to PGDM 2020-221 batch.
4 Step Application Process
SPJIMR Mumbai application process can be completed in four simple steps.
Step 1: Register
Before beginning to register, read the instructions to fill up the form. At the IMT admission application window ‘Apply Now’, you should enter your Name, Email ID and other required details and register.
Step 2: Personal Information
Login as existing user and fill in all your personal details, address along with entrance test details and other particulars. Complete the details and move to next page
Step 3: Academics & Work Experience
Next page on IMT application form requires you to fill up all your academic details from class 10 onwards. If you have work experience after completing your graduation, you should complete it in months on this page.
Step 4: Make Payment of Application Fee
IMT asks you to make payment of application fee of Rs. 2000/- after you have completed your application form. This is the final step to fill the application form. You can make payment through Credit/Debit card, Net Banking, Demand Draft among others
IMT Ghaziabad Admission Eligibility
- IMT Ghaziabad eligibility criteria require that the candidate must hold a bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- One of the most important points in IMT Ghaziabad Admission Eligibility criteria is that apart from a recognized graduate degree, the candidate should be registered for CAT 2019/XAT 2020 or GMAT (Taken between Jan 1 2016 and February 28, 2020) and must score well to become eligible for admission.
- CMAT 2020 score is accepted for admission to IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad.
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence to determine PGP admission eligibility would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor's degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by IIM Calcutta by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the Admission eligibility of the candidate.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results is also eligible to apply for IMT Ghaziabad Admission 2020-22.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by IMT Ghaziabad and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor's degree examination held on or before June 30, 2020 at a later date as decided by IMT Ghaziabad.
IMT Ghaziabad Admission Criteria
IMT Ghaziabad Admission Criteria 2020-22 will be a two step process involving the Shortlisting criteria based on entrance exam score and the Final admission selection Criteria with only 35% weightage to entrance exam score.
- IMT Ghaziabad Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of IMT Ghaziabad Admission criteria is the shortlisting criteria before final selection round. IMT Ghaziabad will shortlist the candidates on the basis of following parameters:
- IMT Ghaziabad will consider aggregate scores and not sectional scores of the applicants in the acceptable entrance exams for shortlisting.
- IMT will short-list the candidates for the WAT and interview based on their best available test scores in CAT/XAT/GMAT for IMT Ghaziabad campus and CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT score for Nagpur and Hyderabad campus.
- Applicants may submit more than one entrance test score. IMT Ghaziabad will consider the best test score for shortlisting. WAT & PI process and the final offering will be based on scores, performance in WAT & PI process and overall profile of candidate.
- Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- Post short-listing on the basis of available scores, applicants will be called for the final selection round (WAT & PI Round) at the designated centres
- IMT Ghaziabad selection criteria after final admission round award 35% weight to Entrance exam score; 35% weight to Academics; 10% Weight to Work Experience and 20% weight to WAT & PI
- No weightage will be awarded for the work experience below 6 months. Besides, Training/Project work/work done as an integral part of curricular requirement will not be considered.
IMT Ghaziabad Final Selection Criteria weights for Admission 2020-22:
|Components||Percentage of Weightage||Key Points to Note|
|CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT Score||35%||1.Best Score obtained in one of the exams will be considered
2.CMAT score considered for IMT Hyderabad and Nagpur only
|Academic score & Quality of Graduating Institute||35%||Quality of Graduating Institute/College/University will be considered|
|Work Experience||10%||Highest Weightage depends upon the duration and quality of work experience|
|Written Assessment Test (WAT)||5%||Depends upon the performance in WAT|
|Personal Interview||15%||Depends upon the Performance of the candidate in PI round|
- The final merit of the candidate is a cumulative weighted average of CAT/XAT/GMAT (best score); Academic Scores (Xth, XIIth and graduation) and quality/reputation and ranking of graduating college/institute/university; Performance in WAT & Personal Interview process; Work experience, both in duration and quality (for working candidates).
- Both merit and campus score cut offs will be the basis of selection for IMT campuses
Written Assessment test (WAT):
The Written assessment test will be a 30-minute written test which will be conducted to assess the following competencies:
- Language and Grammar
- Flow of information
- Analytical skills
- Ability to put across thoughts in a concise and logical manner
Each candidate will be given a topic and the candidate needs to pen down their thoughts in a maximum of 750 words, which would be evaluated by a certified evaluator.
Personal Interview Round: 4 Evaluation Parameters
The PI Round for admission to IMT Ghaziabad will be of 20-25 minutes. During the PI round candidates will be evaluated on 4 parameters: Communication/Interpersonal skills; Analytical/Problem solving skills; Business Affairs and General Awareness; Domain Knowledge
IMT Ghaziabad Admission Cut Off
IMT Ghaziabad Cutoff 2019 will be based on aggregate percentile score although candidates should also score well across the sections of the entrance exam. The cut offs may remain as under:
Expected cut off
GMAT (Jan 2016 to Feb 2020)
For IMT Hyderabad & IMT Nagpur (Including CMAT 2020)
IMT Ghaziabad Admission Process
Following steps are included in the IMT Ghaziabad Admission process:
- Step 1: Register and apply for at least one of the entrance exams – CAT 2019; XAT 2020; GMAT (Taken between Jan 1, 2019 and Feb 28, 2020.) IMT Hyderabad and IMT Nagpur applicants can also register and apply for CMAT 2020
- Step 2: The candidate should apply to IMT Ghaziabad by using the common application form for all the 4 IMT campuses. The application fee of Rs.2000/- can be paid online
- Step 3: Complete the IMT application form. In the ‘Application Form‘ the candidate must provide educational qualifications, contact details, and at least one of the following IDs: ID for CAT-2019 OR ID for XAT-2020 OR ID for GMAT OR Roll-No for CMAT-2020 (Only for IMT Nagpur and Hyderabad). More than one test IDs can be submitted. The applicant is required to fill the IDs of the test scores he/she wishes to submit. In case of GMAT score update it by March 15, 2020.
- Step 4: Candidates are short-listed for Writing Assessment Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) from among the eligible candidates who have a valid entrance exam score and have applied to the programme of IMT Ghaziabad. The WAT & Personal Interview process will be conducted in the months of February/March 2020 and will be common for all the IMT Campuses.
- Step 5: After the WAT & PI round, admission offers are made by IMT Ghaziabad to successful candidates. The final selection is based on a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in entrance exam, performance in PI round, academics, Work Experience among others
- Step 6: Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in the last week of April 2020 on the basis of Final Score arrived after awarding the weightage scores on all the components.
IMT Ghaziabad Fees
The programme fees which is under revision, payable by PGDM students at IMT Ghaziabad and its other campuses is as under:
|IMT Campus||PGDM Programme Fee (Rs. in Lakhs)|
|IMT Dubai||AED 167,650 (1AED=Rs.19.50)|
IMT Programme Commencement
All PGDM programs for academic year 2020 commences in June 2020. The IMT Dubai 2 year MBA program commences in August 2020.
IMT Admission process 2020: Important Dates
Online Application open date
August 23, 2019
Last date to apply for IMT admission
November 22, 2019
Personal Interview Process (PI)
Feb – March 2020
IMT Added New Courses in curriculum
IMT announced to include core courses in the first year in its curriculum in last year batch to create a broad based understanding of management discipline, supplemented with specialized learning in second year.
- The first year of PGDM program includea a special Foundation term to bring all the students with diverse backgrounds to the same platform
- To foster innovation and creativity there are special courses on Design Thinking and Business Model Innovation
- PGDM First Year will end with the fourth term where students are introduced through core electives in their respective areas of specialization before they are exposed to Summer Internships
- Summer Internship will now be a 8-12-week long process in which students are placed in companies on live projects
- In the PGDM Second Year students may major/minor in Marketing, Finance, Operations, IT, HR or Strategy Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Students also have a choice to study Sustainability and Social responsibility as an elective course in Second Year.
According to Prof. Asish K Bhattacharyya, Director, IMT Ghaziabad, “IMT Ghaziabad stands for academic excellence in business education and is committed to groom budding managers for taking leadership positions in companies or starting own business. We follow a transparent process for selecting candidates for admission. We give weight to performance in the admission test, academic track record and experience”.
Adhering to the core values of ‘Developing leadership through Innovation, Execution and Social Responsibility’, IMT’s selection procedure focuses on accessing the “IMT Fit” candidate via rigorous selection process
With the vision of offering world-class management education in India, Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad consistently opts for more innovations and changes in the selection process to choose IMT fit candidates.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IMT Ghaziabad